The preceding week was so eventful I decided to put the synopsis below the winning entries. Surmise it to say that the financial crisis, a media that continues to whitewash the associations of Barack Obama, a GOP candidate that continues to miss opportunity after opportunity to confront Barack Obama with questions of importance to the conservative base and the breath of fresh air known as Sarah Palin dominated the weeks conversation.
Winning Council Entries
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Wolf Howling – Hurricane Subprime – Part I (1977-2000)
- Second place with 2 votes – The Razor – If Obama Wins
- Third place with 2/3 vote – (T*) Soccer Dad – No runs, no hits, plenty of errors
- Third place with 2/3 vote – (T*) Joshuapundit – How The Democrats Created the Financial Crisis
- Fourth place with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – The downside of being a teacher
Winning Non-Council Entries
- First place with 3 votes! – Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Baseball Crank – The Integrity Gap, Part I of III: Gov. Sarah Palin
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Heretical Ideas – Obama v. McCain: Foreign Policy
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) – Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Michelle Malkin – How ACORN got a piece of the bailout pie
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) – Submitted By: Cheat-Seeking Missiles – American Thinker – How Allies of George Soros Helped Bring Down Wachovia Bank
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) – Submitted By: Wolf Howling – Q&O – Watch As Democrats Try To Blame Financial Mess On “Deregulation”
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes – Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Pajamas Media – Obama and the Attempt to Destroy the Second Amendment
* – T denotes a tie
A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. Most importantly the financial markets continue their steady decline despite attempts by the U.S. government to commit the largest power grab in the nation’s history.
Despite pumping nearly a trillion dollars of taxpayer money into the middle of a blazing fire not 1 person has been indicted, no independent investigator has been assigned and few in power have the desire to hold anyone accountable. Worse, the pork laden bailout failed to alleviate concerns with confidence and did not open up tightly locked credit. Both of which are critical if the world global markets are going to stop the skid that is occurring at this very moment.
Meanwhile the excesses continue. AIG lavished insurance executives with a $443,000 weeklong stay at the St. Regis Monarch Bay resort and spa before the ink was even dry on the $85 Billion dollar loan that will be paid for by American taxpayers. Adding insult to injury, the New York Federal Reserve has agreed to “lend” AIG an additional $37.8 Billion dollars a mere three weeks after the first figure was agreed upon. Experts are skeptical that AIG will be able to sell their assets in the midst of a credit crunch. The American taxpayers loses again.
The U.S. government isn’t even close to being done with their thrift store purchases. Student loans are in the cross hairs, an increase on the pork laden $850 Billion dollar bailout is being mulled, the government is looking to reduce the principle on existing home mortgages and an undefined group of “wealthy people” are facing the prospect a tax code rewrite that will negate their 401k’s tax exempt status. Healthcare and credit card debt loom on the horizon.
Meanwhile on the election front the media is being dragged kicking and screaming to ask Barack Obama about his relationship with unrepentant terrorists William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn. Most of them used the opportunity to allow Barack Obama and his handlers to spew talking points, rarely if ever met by a follow up question, satisfied to buy the line that Obama didn’t know of Ayers terrorist past or that Ayers was now a reformed educator.
This is the week that was. During that time the Watchers Council diligently scoured over a score of article and came up with a list of winning articles that takes on the established narrative by those that are supposedly paid to be objective.
Please read these very important articles: