“There is no situation so bad that panicky politicians can’t make worse.” – Professor Michael Munger, Duke University
This quote from Professor Michael Munger is the stark reality we are faced with this morning as panicked politicians play a political face saving game to prop up failing banks. The decisions that congress makes today on a bailout of Wall Street, if any, will affect our lives for generations to come. Never forget that today’s debt is tomorrows tax increase.
Keep this in mind as you read this weeks winners in what will no doubt go down in history and be reviewed by our children’s children in a classroom of the future as a lesson in greed and corruption in the quest for political power and financial wealth. God help us all.
- First place with 1 2/3 votes – The Glittering Eye – Don’t Just Do Something, Stand There
- Second place with 1 1/3 votes – The Razor – A Lack of Clarity
- Third place with 1 vote – (T*) Hillbilly White Trash – Knowing the Left
- Third place with 1 vote – (T*) Cheat-Seeking Missiles – Obama’s Bizarre List Of 40 “Probing” NYT Stories
- Third place with 1 vote – (T*) Bookworm Room – Are Americans Really Racists?
- Fourth place with 1/3 vote – Wolf Howling – Palin’sanity
- First place with 2 2/3 votes Submitted By – Joshuapundit: The Jawa Report – Hope, Change, & Lies: Orchestrated “Grassroots” Smear Campaigns & the People that Run Them
- Second place with 1 vote – Submitted By – Hillbilly White Trash: Private Papers – Palin and Obama: What Really Is Wisdom?
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) Submitted By – The Glittering Eye – Commentary Magazine: Al Qaeda’s Defeat in Iraq
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) Submitted By – Soccer Dad: Doug Ross – Any questions?
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) Submitted By – The Razor: The Jacksonian Party – On Honor
- Third place with 2/3 votes – (T*) Submitted By – Bookworm Room: Michael Yon – Death in the Corn : Part III of III
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes – (T*) Submitted By – Wolf Howling: New York Times / Steven Holmes – Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes – (T*) Submitted By – The Colossus of Rhodey: Dennis Prager – Liberals’ Warnings About Obama Loss May Prove Self-Fulfilling
* – T denotes a tie
5 Responses to “Winners On a Day of Financial and Political Turmoil”