The Watcher’s Council has once again taken on the Grand Weekly Search for articles that expose the week’s biggest weasels and they don’t disappoint!
When I was a little kid a magician named Marshall Brodien played a clown on Bozo’s Magic Circus. When he wasn’t playing Wizo the Magic clown he was out promoting a deck of cards on TV, aptly named TV Magic Cards. The cards came with instructions that allowed the wannabe magician to present the deck to his or her audience as if the cards were all the same number and suit. But then magically a reshuffling of the deck and the cards would appear regular.
The reality of the magic cards is that they were just a cheap and simple illusion. In that vein they are very much the same as the Obama administration and his cheap throng of stenographers that call themselves reporters.
This week the council unearths a set of articles that once again exposes the mainstream media for their hacktivist style of reporting; effectively lifting the veil off their convoluted illusion of truth.
On the Non-Council side we have an expose of the Obama administration’s staged visit to Iraq. The mainstream media acted like the stenographers that they are and dutifully reported the Obama version of how the troops cheered with glee at the “unannounced” visit. A resourceful MacRanger over at MacsMind however tapped his readers and came up with the real story behind the story behind the crowd response.
Still the lowest casualty rate in any war in the modern era – a testament to the professionalism of our men and women in uniform. Fact is more died on active duty during Clinton’s reign. Nevertheless, about that “surprise visit”.
It wasn’t. The visit was communicated a full 24 hours in advance and a small contingent of soldiers – not screaming hoards – were rustled into a meeting place at Camp Victory.
Got this email from a sergeant that was there.
“We were pre-screened, asked by officials “Who voted for Obama?”, and then those who raised their hands were shuffled to the front of the receiving line. They even handed out digital cameras and asked them to hold them up.”
Take a look at the picture at AP and notice all the cameras are the same models? Coincidence? I think not.
Winning council member Joshua Pundit also exposed another in a long line of MSM articles concerning Israel.
Today the WAPO featured an interesting letter to the editor entitled ‘Israel Must Give Up The Settlements’ by a Yale academic named Gregory Eow and a NY facial surgeon named Brian Rush Simpson. Both of them are huge Obama supporters by the way..what a shock, eh?
It’s valuable to look at this because it showcased the ridiculously flawed reasoning and language currently in vogue to demonize Israel ‘for peace’ . Let’s go through this bit by bit to see exactly how bigoted and wrong headed it actually is.
And JP certainly does exactly that.
Please enjoy all the winning entries in this week’s contest.
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Joshuapundit – A Few Inconvenient Truths About Israel And ‘Settlements’
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – The Razor – What is a Man?
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Bookworm Room – Separation does not mean destruction
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – The Glittering Eye – Majority of Those Who Pay No Income Taxes Believe the Tax System is Fair
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Right Truth – Radical Leftist Appointments
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Provocateur – Krugman, the Tea Parties, and Alinsky’s Rule #13
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – Rhymes With Right – Lege Considering Campus Carry Bill, Chron Says “No”
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Macs Mind – About that Obama Iraq Visit
- Second place with 1 1/3 points – Information Dissemination – Observing the Obama Administration Somali Piracy Policy
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Dr. Melissa Clouthier – Tea Parties And Liberal Angst
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Shrinkwrapped – On demographics And Meaning, Part IV
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Jerusalem Post – Caroline Glick – Surviving in a post-American world
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Mark Steyn – Our Reprimitivized Future
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – Gay Patriot – Anti-Tea Party Hysteria: Opposition to Big Government Doesn’t Meet Netroots Standard for Acceptable Political Grievances
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – (T*) – The Times Online – From Fatwa to Jihad: The Rushdie Affair and Its Legacy by Kenan Malik
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – (T*) – American Thinker – DHS, ‘Rightwing Extremism’ and Information Warfare