The New Year is upon us and the Watcher’s Council members have submitted their last official articles chronicling the most weasely acts of 2008.
Today is December 31st, New Years Eve, and it has proven to be historic in nature. This day in history has ushered in the following:
- 1864 – The above image appeared in Harper’s Magazine depicting President Lincoln having mercy on Confederate Forces and ushering in reconciliation for the divided nation.
- 1879 – Thomas Edison gave the first public demonstration of an electric incandescent lamp.
- 1938 – The first breath test for drivers, “drunkometer,” was introduced in Indianapolis.
- 1946 – President Truman officially proclaimed the end of hostilities in World War II.
- 1961 – The Marshall Plan expired after distributing more than 12 billion in foreign aid.
- 1963 – Central African Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland was formally dissolved.
- 1964 – The al-Fatah guerrillas of Yasser Arafat launched their first terrorist raid on Israel.
- 1987 – Robert Mugabe sworn in as Zimbabwe’s president.
- 1999 – Panama Canal officially turned over to Panama.
Please enjoy the final entries of 2008. Happy New Year!!
- The Provocateur – A Liberal’s View of Patriotism
- Joshuapundit – Gaza:A Tale Of Selective Morality and Tribal Warfare
- Cheat-Seeking Missiles – The Most Ridiculous Story of the Year – Part 7
- The Glittering Eye – Trust
- Bookworm Room – Hamas’ “Heroes” — and the need for total victory over evil
- Right Truth – WANTED: Politician to Represent Me
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The bar has been lowered SOOO far …
- Soccer Dad – Talkin’ turki
- The Razor – Walking In Israel’s Shoes
- Mere Rhetoric – Anti-Israel Partisans Set New Record For Decades-Old Trick Of Brazenly Rewriting History, Blaming Israel
- Rhymes With Right – What It’s All About
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Forbes – A Nation of Wussies
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – David Keyes/Commentary – Sderot under Seige
- Submitted By: Cheat-Seeking Missiles – Belmont Club – The People of the Shadows
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Sippican Cottage – The Greater Fool Theory of Housing
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Melanie Phillips – Groundhog day for the fifth column of malice
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Front Page Magazine – A Caliphate ‘From the Red Sea to the Caspian’?
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Daled Amos – Notes on Today’s Conference Call on Gaza
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Yourish – Talkin’ Turki Part two
- Submitted By: The Razor – Weasel Zippers – Assorted Articles on Gaza Attacks
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Counterterrorism Blog – Jihad by the Shoe: Who Was Behind it and why?
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – The Anchoress – Workouts: Bush creepy; Obama a godling