As tax day approaches the nutroots are getting even nuttier (if that is possible). Feeling left out on the “protest the government” bandwagon the nutroots have decided to hold their own protests.
But that claim is actually disingenuous. What the left is really protesting is the right’s right to protest (along with capitalism, of course). So April 11 has become the date of the preemptive protest that is designed to usurp the April 15th Tax Day Tea Party protests that will be held simultaneously across the nation.
It is a lock that the mainstream media will cover the left’s protest with much fanfare. Make no mistake about it, this is another in a long line of media/nutroots tag team efforts to sabotage any message that calls President Barack Obama and his policies out for the radical power grab that they are; all in the name of liberalism. Under the guise of protesting the government’s handling of the economic crisis the left is blaming wall street for the economic decline, “to demand that Congress and the Obama administration put the well being of all people over the greed of the bankers”. As if the bankers acted alone without the efforts of Democrats in Congress, as if the Clinton Administration didn’t start us down the path of this mortgage meltdown. Yup, it’s that bad, bad capitalism. The sort of capitalism that actually paved the way for the left to have a bigger voice through technological innovation.
Michelle Malkin notes that the left wing media darlings have been beside themselves trying to undermine the efforts of the tea party protests.
Bob Beckel appeared on Fox News this morning to sneer at the nationwide event. He derided tax revolters in Montana, joking that “It was a good thing it wasn’t a vodka party, because I guarantee you they all had guns.” Bigoted Beltway jerk. Beckel also claimed the Tea Parties were “nothing new” and recycled the debunked Playboy website report (deleted from the site) spreading false and illogical rumors that the grass-roots movement is directed from the GOP, national tax groups, and CNBC.
So why else have a similar, yet earlier protest instead of joining others across the nation on April 15th in a concerted effort? Easy, the left can’t really be seen criticizing their messiah along side mainstream Americans. Hence, A New Way Forward emerges. And oh yeah, the left’s protest is against capitalism. Did I forget to mention that? And on that message they have an ally in Barack Obama.
On April 11, 2009 at 2pm ET/11am PT, there will be protests in cities across the country to break the power of the financial industry and the bankers that caused the current economic crisis. With growing frustration over unemployment, foreclosures and how the government has responded to the economic crisis so far, a web organizing platform, http://www.anewwayforward.org, has emerged to allow people and groups to organize around a progressive approach to economic recovery. The ground up, localized organizing effort to influence national policy is expected to culminate in at least one protest in every state.
Beware “progressive” approaches to anything.
Please enjoy this week’s submissions.
- The Glittering Eye – Risking It
- Mere Rhetoric – New J-Street Poll Is Rigged In Particularly Stupid, Obnoxious Ways
- Bookworm Room – Can it happen here?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Just … crazy
- Right Truth – This is America, quit trying to destroy her Obama.
- Rhymes With Right – The Problem Of Sexting
- Joshuapundit – Obama Gets Punked By The UN
- The Provocateur – Some Thoughts on Low Rates, the Credit Freeze, and Politics
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Just One Minute – Jeffrey Sachs, Not Detail Oriented
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Charles Krauthammer – Obama’s Ultimate Agenda
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Townhall/John Hawkins – Seven reasons while the GOP comeback will begin in 2010
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – HistoryNet.com – Lashing Back – Israel’s 1947-1948 Civil War
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Raw Dawg Buffalo – Freeman or Slave
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – GayPatriot – Vermont Shows How to go about Recognizing Gay Marriage
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Robert Averech/Big Hollywood – “I’m Against Guns and Violence, Unfortunately Reality Has Intruded on My Delusional Paradise.”
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Wall Street Journal – From Bubble to Depression
- Submitted By: The Watcher – Big Hollywood – Hollywood’s Nazi Comfort Zone