This weeks two winning entries span both sides of the latest Presidential election.
On the pre-election side political science professor Paul Kengor discusses the impact that academia had on the youth vote that turned out overwhelmingly for Barack Obama. Noting how we won the cold war yet lost the war on campus as left leaning professors took hold of the institutions of higher learning, Kengor discussed the various factors that rendered Barack Obama’s past connections to radicals and communists a non-issue. The effects of this meltdown on campus were seen in the election results and in post-election reports that show Americans sadly lacking in understanding the history of this country’s fading heritage.
On the other side of the election council member Joshua Pundit discusses how the incoming Obama administration plans to approach the war in Afghanistan and how that ties into the wider approach to fighting the war on terror. Throughout the campaign President-elect Obama spoke of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as a virtual outsider. Now that Mr. Obama has been elected he is proposing a regional approach that will involve talks with Iran alongside discussions with the “reconcilable” elements of the Taliban. JP discusses the various factors that will make this regional approach difficult and unrealistic.
Please enjoy (and promote) this weeks winning entries:
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 2/3 points! – Joshuapundit – The Afghanistan Blues
- Second place with 1 1/3 points – The Colossus of Rhodey – Oh, the musical memories …
- Third place with 1 point – (T*) – Bookworm Room – Perpetually Selfish Anger and Victimhood
- Third place with 1 point – (T*) – Rhymes With Right – Intolerant Gays Attacking Religion
- Fourth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – The Provocateur – The Coming Mortgage Class War
- Fourth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Soccer Dad – Names will never hurt me – the double standard
- Fourth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Mere Rhetoric – Detente In Our Time – Obama Prepares To Sell Out Poland In The Face Of Russian Aggression. Again. (Plus: By The Way, Missile Defense Works)
- Fourth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – The Razor – COIN of the Realm
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 3 points! – American Thinker – How the Academic Left Elected Obama
- Second place with 1 point – Chicago Tribune – Obama and the Chicago Way
- Third place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Hot Air – Obama picks presidential assassin’s lawyer as White House counsel
- Third place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Pajamas Media/Ed Morrissey – Growth through dismemberment doesn’t work
- Third place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Laz-a-fare – Time for a culture change