Illinois proved last night that moronic notions and lazy attitudes prevail. Anemic turnout for the Illinois primaries prove that the state of Barack Obama and Oprah is quite possibly one of the biggest voids of intellectually motivated people in the nation.
Worse, Illinoisans on the Republican side put Mark Kirk on the top of the ticket as the challenger to fill the Senate seat once held by Barack Obama. I wrote about this sellout phony in our July 27 edition of weekend weasel (Illinois Congressman Mark Kirk (R-RHINO, S-Sellout, P-Phony,…):
Mr. Kirk and 7 other tax and spend Republicans that voted on the bogus global warming boondoggle, forever known as the Waxman-Malarkey bill. Kirk joined another Illinois sellout in endorsing that legislation as he joined hands with Democrat Debbie Halverson who had at one time stated that Barack Obama could not pressure her into voting for cap-and-trade legislation, (video here), Halverson’s lie exposed here. (please read all about Halverson at the video link provided.)
Elected weasels like Halverson and Mark Kirk couldn’t get away with this crap without the help of a complicit media. Kirk has used his past experience in the military to chum up to the normally responsible radio talk show hosts Don Wade and Roma at WLS. The wade’s son is a flying ace and up and comer in high places in Washington D.C. Every time Kirk shows up on the morning show the hosts give him a kissy lovefest and an agenda is furthered.
Kirk voted in favor of cap and trade, Kirk is soft on abortion, Kirk voted against parental notification, Kirk sat out on a crucial partial birth abortion vote, Kirk has it wrong on global warming and Mark Kirk demagogues on embryonic stem cell research. Yet now Mr. Kirk is mimicking Scott Brown in rhetoric and pretending to be the next Scott Brown candidate. Sorry weasel, you are no Scott Brown. This is just my personal opinion. What say you?
In the world of weasel watching we also have a new contest underway. Please read the following articles and pass them on to your friends. We will vote on the articles and announce the winners on Friday.
- Mere Rhetoric – Yahoo Wipes “Ariel, Israel” Off The Map, Replaces It With “Jenin, Palestinian Occupied Territories”
- Rhymes With Right – But If She Wanted An Abortion, It Would Have Been No Big Deal
- Soccer Dad – The goldstone rumor mill
- Bookworm Room–Leftist tactics to scare the uninformed about America’s religious freedoms *UPDATED*
- Wolf Howling – The Three Stooges Meet Al Qaeda In Undiegate
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The Colonel’s Tiger
- Right Truth – GOP: You blew it!
- The Glittering Eye – The Really Hard Choices We’re Avoiding
- Joshuapundit – The Valley Of Decision : Iran Crosses The Nuclear Threshold
- American Digest – Last Light
- The Provaocateur – Dr. Chacko to Afghanistan?
- Submitted By: The Watcher – Pamela Geller @ Big Government – Obama Recruiting Radicals in High Schools
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Smart Politics – ‘Professor’ Obama? President’s State of the Union Address Notches 4th Lowest Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level Score Since FDR
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – SCOTUSblog – Ending Racial Preferences
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Daled Amos – The Middle East: The New York Times hasn’t learned its lesson and now it’s teaching it
- Submitted By: Wolf Howling – Plumb Bob Blog – A New Political Term: Debt Reduction
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Commentary Contentions – When the Telling Starts
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – City Journal – The Grasping Hand
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Atlas Shrugs – From Himmler with Love: “His Eminence, the Grand Mufti, In Remembrance”
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – KeithHennessey.com – The President’s Bigger Budget
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – American Thinker / Randall Hoven – The Lost Decade
- Submitted By: American Digest – Cobb – King Solomon’s Mines
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Dick Morris at Newsmax –
Behind Obama’s Phony Deficit Numbers