Our winner this week, The Razor scored with Friends Like These,a great analysis of our toxic relationship with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
One of the results of the Wikileaks debacle has been to highlight America’s problem with Saudi Arabia. Secretary of Defense Gates stated that the Saudis want to fight Iran to the last American. Meanwhile al-Qaeda and other Islamofascists have treated the country as an ATM, with the kingdom funding terrorist groups around the world. Of the many questionable and downright evil things Wikileaks has done, it has shown that at least some members of our government aren’t complete idiots when it comes to the danger that kingdom presents to the world
The Saudis have a very long track record of undermining American foreign policy. It has bought off members of both the Left and the Right in Washington DC, and has avoided scrutiny of its actions. Some apologists have noted that the Saudi government has been helpful in the fight against Islamic terrorism, and that Osama Bin Laden himself hates the House of Saud almost as much – if not more – than the United States. But they ignore the fact that the Saudis are the primary bank rollers of the puritanical Islam espoused by Bin Laden, al-Zawahiri and the vast majority of nut jobs with a suicide belt around their waists and a Koran in their hearts.
Our non-Council winner was The Rubin Report for Thanks to International Aid, Gaza Is Going To Be A Well-Off Islamist Republic an interesting take on Gaza as Islamist welfare state subsisting on the West’s money.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 1/3 Votes! – The Razor –– Friends Like These
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD –Righteous Hit
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –Joshuapundit- US And Israel To Announce That The Freeze Deal Is Off The Table
- Fourth place with 1 vote –The Glittering Eye- A Ceiling on the Government’s Share
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room- – Israel, American Jews, American Christians and a whole bunch of other stuff too
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Mere Rhetoric – “I Will Make A Lot Of Peace In The Middle East”
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Spanking Sarah Palin? Maybe, but to spank Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey?
- sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Searching for Th3j35t3r
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Right Truth – Tennessee Christmas
- First place with 2 votes! – Rubin Reports- Thanks to International Aid, Gaza Is Going To Be A Well-Off Islamist Republic submitted by Mere Rhetoric
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Commentary/Contentions – U.S. Adopts Israeli Anti-Terror Tactics, but Waffles on Defending Israel’s Use of Them submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S IrLfRiEnD
- Third Place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Vox Popoli – The Brothel or the Burkah submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Yid With Lid – Helen Thomas is At it Again-Says Those Rich Jews Control America submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Public Secrets – Restraining Leviathan: allow the states to repeal federal law? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Terry Glavin – Hey Kids! Want To Help Gaza? Good. You Can Start By Just Paying Your Damn Taxes submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 votes Israpundit Blog – Yamit- –“Thorns In Your Side” submitted by Right Truth
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes Stop The ACLU – –UN Climate Summit, Cancun, Mexico: Climate Conmen Sending You Back 100 Years submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Doug Ross – This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow…’ submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!