We ended up with a tie this week in the Council category.
Joshuapundit’s Is Egypt The Next Iran? examined a number of similarities between the political climate in Egypt today and the revolution in Iran in 1979..as well as a few important differences.
In his penetrating piece A Message To The CPAC Boycotters Rhymes With Right took a penetrating look at the controversy surrounding the participation of GOPProud, a gay conservative group in the conference:
As far as this lifelong Reagan conservative is concerned, this should settle the matter of whether or not GOProud is welcome at CPAC and whether or not a boycott of CPAC by social conservatives is the proper course of action.
Ronald Reagan recognized the men and women of good will can differ on issues yet still remain friends and allies. Such differences are the basis for discussion, not excommunication from the greater conservative movement. And as I look at GOProud’s platform, i find them to fall within the mainstream of conservatism.
As per our arcane bylaws, I put on my Watcher’s hat, cast the tie breaking vote and Rhymes With Right carries off the honors this week.
Our non-council winner, Egypt’s democratic mirage written by Joshua Stacher in Foreign Affairs likewise focused on the events in Egypt and how the Mubarak regime is reacting.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Rhymes With Right-–A Message To The CPAC Boycotters
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit-Is Egypt The Next Iran?
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Hyper Puissant
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – Obama’s Pal George Soros And The Fall Of Egypt
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Right Truth – Irreconcilable Differences
- Fifth place with 1 vote –Bookworm Room-Defining our terms when we speak about Egypt
- Sixth place with 2/3 vote –The Razor- Lost Friendship
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Colossus of Rhodey – “Cap” movie poster
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – How Much Did the Stimulus Stimulate?
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Egypt In A Nutshell
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right – Republican Victory in November Leads to Lower Unemployment – Now at 9%
- First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Foreign Affairs- Egypt’s Democratic Mirage submitted bySimply Jews
- Second place with i 2/3 votes – Ann Althouse – Professor Tribe would like you to know how nonpartisan the Supreme Court Justices are … I mean, will be, when they decide the individual mandate question the way he would like. submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Third Place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Radio Patriot – Bill Kristol, Rich Lowry and Joe Klein Gang Up on Glenn Beck submitted by The Noisy Room
- strong> Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Victor Davis Hanson – Clueless In Cairo submitted by The The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 vote –Iowahawk – Stay Hungry For Learning submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Atlas Shrugs –Virginia Military Institute Infiltrated by Islamic Supremacists submitted by Snapped Shot
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Commentary –Beck’s Fevered Mind submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place with 2/3 vote –Daled Amos – Dear Washington Post: The Muslim Brotherhood Is NOT Your Father’s YMCA submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote –UN-PC in the USA – Liberal “Logic” on Gunssubmitted by The Razor
See you next week!