Another week has passed, and the Council has spoken. Both of this week’s winning entries concerned the recent attack at Fort Hood and what it signifies.
In the Council category, the winner was Joshuapundit with Death By A Thousand Cuts :
For all our protestations and manipulation to avoid war,to forget, to appear humane and civilized, to allow our leaders to label it as something other than what it is, the war has come to us. In fact, it’s been coming to us for eight years and many of us have yet to admit it.
When I first found out about Major Malik Nadal Hasan gunning down his fellow soldiers at Fort Hood while shouting “Allahu Akbar” on November 5th, I immediately recognized this as the jihad attack it was and wrote that that when the dots were connected, there would be a Saudi funded mosque and a radical imam in the picture. There always is.
I was right. And yet, the obvious questions remain floating in the wind, unsaid, like a foul odor polite society avoids mentioning.
In the non-Council category the winner was the Watcher’s nominee, Selwyn Duke /American Thinker for Jihad and America, the land that cried sheep :
We have become a sick society, where fantasies are favored and reality is called “racist.” If there were an officer of Japanese descent in our military during WWII, he wouldn’t have lasted til the next day’s rising sun if he had expressed pro-Imperial Japanese sentiments. But that was then, when America was America, before she was sacrificed on the altar of the leftist dystopia in utopian clothing.
Furthermore, only a sick society would tolerate a far more dangerous fifth column: those traitors who, as Cicero said 2,000 years ago, appear not as traitors, who speak in accents familiar to their victims, who wear their victims’ face and use their arguments. I speak of those who wasted no time painting Hasan as a victim: writers such as Kenyon Wallace, who only emphasized the claim that the major was “harassed” by colleagues and theorized that post-traumatic stress disorder might have influenced this man who never saw a firefight until he started one at Fort Hood.
Council Notes: We currently have a seat open for a qualified blogger on the Council up for grabs. If you’re interested, you may apply here…or e-mail me at email@example.com for details.
And remember, If you want to see your blog piece listed on the Watcher’s Council page my generous offer of link whorage remains open.
Simply make a post linking to this week’s Council winners and send me an e-mail with the subject line ‘link whorage’ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a link to the post and a link to the piece you want to appear, and the resulting fame, glory and increased traffic are yours for the taking.
Here’s the complete rundown of this week’s results. Only the Provocateur was unable to vote this week and suffered the mandatory 2/3 vote penalty, but it had no effect on the outcome this week.
I can’t wait to see next week’s exciting entries, and as always, congratulations not only to the winners but to all the participants.
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Joshuapundit – Death By A Thousand Cuts
- Second place with 1 1/3 points – Mere Rhetoric – Agitprop-Funding NEA Chief: “Barack Obama Is The Most Powerful Writer Since Julius Caesar
- Third place with 1 point – (Tie*) – Bookworm Room – Watch the Democratic Dominoes Fall
- Third place with 1 point – (Tie*) – The Glittering Eye – Triage
- Third place with 1 point – (Tie*) – The Razor – Suburban Perspective on Rural America
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – Right Truth – A Small Nation
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – Rhymes With Right – Just a reminder – Hasan not the first
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 2/3 points! – Selwyn Duke /American Thinker – Jihad and America, the land that cried sheep
- Second place with 2 1/3 points – Villainous Company – Obama doesn’t “get” the military he commands
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – Tigerhawk – The Myth of American Heroism
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Red County – Tragedy At Ft. Hood
- Fourth place with 1 point(Tie*) – MG Hoft – Wash U Shuts Down Freedom Memorial
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – Danger Room – Is This China’s Anti-Satellite Laser Weapon Site?