President Trump politicizing our military? Here’s the real story.
President Trump is currently being demonized for ‘politicizing our military’ and for his supposedly uncaring attitude when making a condolence call to the widow of a Green Beret Army sergeant, one of four American servicemen killed in an ambush by Islamic militants in Niger.
The fire is being stoked by a notoriously racist and partisan black Democrat congresswoman, 75-year-old Frederica Wilson (D-FL).
She’s claiming that the president was “heartless” and that “This is a sick man who feels no pity or sympathy for anyone.”
Far Left Democrat Senators Bernie Sanders and Tammy Duckworth chimed in as well of course with similar language, and I’m sure there will be more of them. After all, it takes this particular story out if the headlines . That story is an account of the FBI’s findings in their investigation of the massive Russian bribery given to the Clintons before our then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton signed off on giving Moscow control of more than 20 percent of America’s uranium supply.And how the Obama Department of Justice, run by Loretta Lynch, stonewalled the initial investigation.
This, by the way, comes after the FBI mysteriously ‘found’ over thirty pages of notes about Lynch’s secret meeting on the airport tarmac with former President Bill Clinton after saying in court that no notes existed. It seems they discussed a lot more than grandchildren.
You’d think these stories would be screaming headlines if there was any journalistic integrity among the usual suspects. But no…some rabidly partisan nonsense about a condolence call is what they deem the peasants need to be informed of, right?
Oh, the insensitive remarks? Here’s what they consist of…that President Trump referred to the soldier as ‘Your guy’ during the phone call instead of calling him by name, and that the president said, “He (the sergeant) knew what he signed up for, but it’s tough just the same.”
Let’s remember that personal condolence calls from the president of the United States are not mandatory, and some presidents have preferred to simply have a letter mass printed and auto signed.The fact that President Trump took some time from his busy schedule to make a personal condolence call to a Gold Star widow is both honorable and admirable.
And if this was actually what was said, does it sound remotely cold or disrespectful? It’s obvious that the president is making reference to the bravery of a widow’s husband,who knew full well what he was facing but chose to serve, and an expression of empathy over her loss.
But the manufactured media maelstrom does serve to help bury the stories exposing the corrupt Clintons and the collusion of the Obama Administration, doesn’t it? Oh look, a squirrel!
And if we’re talking about politicizing military casualties, let’s look at a president who actually did it, Barack Hussein Obama. Now, all of the Democrat congress members mentioned in this article were rabid Obama partisans. Let’s examine their disgusting hypocrisy, shall we?
- It was President Barack Hussein Obama who used the coffins of returning dead servicemen as a photo op at Dover Airport, something that was against the wishes of the family members and against DOD procedure and policy. He did it anyway.
- It was President Barack Hussein Obama who decided that a priority during the government shutdown in 2013 was to cut the funds congress had already allocated as death benefits for families of military killed in action, and to use them for things more dear to his heart. And he made sure that the families, already worried about paying the mortgage and how the kids were going to afford college received a blatantly political letter informing them that it was all the republican’s fault. As everyone knows, it was the president and his team who made the decisions on what was funded and what wasn’t, and he made sure to make the maximum in political capital out of it..even when it involved military families wondering how they were going to be able to live.
- It was President Barack Hussein Obama who deliberately had his Justice Department show states how to defy established law and suppress the votes of active duty military overseas simply because they tend to vote Republican.
- It was President Barack Hussein Obama and his administration that turned the VA into a dysfunctional nightmare for our wounded warriors, after he failed to take away their VA benefits entirely.
- And finally, it was commander-in-chief Barack Hussein Obama who concocted the ridiculous rules of engagement in AfPack and Iraq that led to a much greater tally of American fighting men and women not coming home alive. Ask anyone who was there during those years. And it was President Obama who ransomed deserter Bowe Bergdahl for five top level Taliban commanders we had in Gitmo…who went right back to killing Americans
These items show you exactly how distorted and twisted the morality and judgement of these congress members actually is. I defy anyone to show me a single word any of them had to say about these episodes of actually politicizing our military and using them as pawns when they occurred, and all of them were in a position to do so.
Yet they have the audacity, the nerve to whine about Trump politicizing our military?
Beside that kind of callousness and hypocrisy, anything President Trump may have done or not done in this instance fades into insignificance.
Rob Miller writes for Joshuapundit. His articles have appeared in The Jerusalem Post, The Washington Examiner, American Thinker, The Los Angeles Times, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The San Francisco Chronicle, Real Clear Politics, The Times Of Israel, Breitbart.Com and other publications.