Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too. Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply e-mail me a link at email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Honorable mention’ no later than Monday 6PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
The Council doesn’t vote on a winner in Honorable mentions, but it is a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Razor – The Power of Random Events: Coping with Black Swans
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Forsaken
- Joshuapundit –Why Israel Is Losing The Information War
- Snapped Shot – Literal Symbolism
- Right Truth – The mysterious “silver knight on the white horse”
- The Colossus of Rhodey – It’s comics, after all
- Rhymes With Right – Just As It Has Always Been
- VA Right – Filibuster Change May Put Sarah Palin on Supreme Court
- The Glittering Eye –Declining Home Prices Dampen Year End Spirits
- Bookworm Room –What’s the matter with Mexico?
- Simply Jews – Mikhail Khodorkovsky and Ali Akbar Siadati: reusable villains
- The Grouch – New Football Rules for 2011
- The Political Commentator – South Korea: Between the DMZ and a hard place
- Pajamas Media – Alberto de la Cruz – Failed State Watch: How Much Longer for Mexico? (Part One) submitted by The Razor
- Pajamas Media – Burma: The World’s Next North Korea submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Gates of Vienna – A passage To Israel submitted by Joshuapundit
- Jihad Watch – D.C. Imam says Iran’s Khamenei is “the best leader in the world” submitted by Snapped Shot
- Commentary Magazine: Contentions, Alana Goodman – Did the Media Get Played by New ‘Pallywood’ Hoax? submitted by Right Truth
- The Weekly Standard Blog – Saudis Erroneously Blame Gitmo for Jihadism
submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- RedState – Epiphany, the Founders, and freedom of religionsubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- RedState – Fight Back! submitted by VA Right
- Sense of Events – The crush depth of debt submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Victor Davis Hanson – Raging Against ‘Them’ submitted by The Watcher
- Don Surber – Ezra Klein; Honest Lefty submitted by Bookworm Room