Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Historically, this is the time, between mid May and Memorial Day, when most Americans begin to perk up their eyes and ears, do a gut check and start to focus on presidential elections.
It’s early days, but I don’t think it’s any accident that a CBS/NY Times poll, no less, shows Mitt Romney slightly ahead of President Obama and ahead among women, a sign that the Democrat’s ‘War against Women’ campaign may have fallen flat.Considering how much polls from the alphabet network and the dinosaur media routinely oversample Democrats, this is an encouraging sign. Especially since Scott Rasmussen, a far more reliable pollster shows a similar result.
Again, the margin’s narrow, it’s very early days and this could very well be a temporary reaction to President Obama’s cynical endorsement of same sex marriage. Or it could be that Governor Romney is starting to pull ahead.Certainly confidence in the Obama economy remains low, and that still appears as though it’s going to be the main issue in this election.
Keep in mind that the polls in question might very well have been rigged the other way for an important reason – to scare and energize President Obama’s base with the idea he might not be re-elected.
We’ll see how things develop.
This week, Right Truth, The Pirate’s cove, crime Victim’s Media Report and Mental Recession took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some excellent articles that I recommend to your attention.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – “Distress”
- The Noisy Room – The Fascist Boogie Fever
- Simply Jews – Fahd al Quso’s demise, blame the previous manager, Obama’s campaign claims, etc
- Joshuapundit–The New Egypt’s Politics: Who Can Demonize Jews And Israel The Most??
- The Razor – The Myth of an Unbiased Media
- New Zeal – Communists in Congress? (1) Hansen Clarke (D) Michigan
- The Political Commentator – Syosset, New York: Political smear campaign or just a big old coincidence?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Syrian Unsafe Zone
- Rhymes With Right – Shocking — Mitt Romney And Barack Obama BOTH Were Bullies In School
- Bookworm Room – Presidential Election 2012: Eddie Haskell versus Ward Cleaver
- VA Right! – A Million Souls Up In Heaven
- The Right Planet – Syria
- The Glittering Eye –It’s a Floor Wax and a Dessert Topping
- The Mellow Jihadi – Breastfeeding, By Any Weans Necessary
- Gay Patriot – Marriage to Ann seems to have ended Mitts adolescent unruliness
- The Independent Sentinel – Obamas Bad Investments Keep Piling On the Taxpayers the Auto Bailout Boondoggle
- Right Truth – Romney’s Big Chance
- The Pirate’s Cove – Most Transparent President Evah! Initiates Cellphone Ban At Fundraisers
- Crime Victim’s Media Report – While the Experts Fiddle, George Soros Buys the Criminology Profession
- Mental Recession – Report: Team Obama Tried to Pay Jeremiah Wright to Shut Up
- Grantland – The Inquisition of Mr. Marvel submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- JC.Com/Melanie Phillips –A French-Greek wake-up call submitted by The Noisy Room
- Barry Rubin – What Do Egyptians Want? A Democratically Elected Islamist Dictatorship submitted by Simply Jews
- Mark Steyn – The Spirit of Geert Wilders submitted by Joshuapundit
- Via Meadia –BBC And The Jews submitted by The Razor
- Tablet –My Mother’s Loving Silence submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Compass – Magic Democracy submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Daily – Big Hearted Mitt submitted by Rhymes with Right
- National Review/Victor Davis Hanson –The Doggy Wars submitted by Bookworm Room
- All American Blogger – How to Assert Copyright Over Your Work When It’s Been Plagiarized (Video) submitted by VA Right!
- FrontPage – The Rise Of The Saudi SuperState submitted by The Right Planet
- Ambiance – I, Weed submitted by The Glittering Eye
- 6079 Smith, W–U.S. lagging Rwanda in Healthcare? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Commentary Contentions –Obama Drops His Name Into the Other Presidential Biographies submitted by Gay Patriot
- The Daily Caller – Heath Calls for Investigation into Labor Department propaganda posters featuring Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson submitted by The The Independent Sentinel
- Thomas Sowell – A Censored Race War submitted by The Watcher
- Gates of Vienna – The Three Cs submitted by The Watcher