Yes , it’s April Fool’s Day all right. Especially when it comes to discussing all those ‘ObamaCare enrollments’ while not revealing how many people actually bought insurance, figuring in the between 5 and 6 million people who lost insurance, or how many of those who enrolled are medicaid clients applying for free stuff, hmm? And to make this speech on April Fool’s Day! Who knew the president had such a great sense of humor? Why, when it comes to this healthcare riff, he’s almost as funny as Fidel Castro, and that’s saying something!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without any further ado, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – OK, Since Everyone Else is Writing About Gwyneth, So Will I (No, it’s not mean)
- Simply Jews – Peter Beinart on Russian and American neocons: an imaginary symmetry
- The Noisy Room – Leland Yee – Gun Runner, Terrorist Enabler, Progressive Communist
- Joshuapundit–Sharia Rears Its Head In Pennsylvania
- Ask Marion – Harry Reid… in a Class by Himself When It Comes to Dirty Laundry
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Jihad Civil War
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Cracked.com’s ‘5 Disastrous Attempts at Political Commentary in Comicbooks’
- Rhymes With Right – Is Pratt Resignation/Withdrawal Actually About The Latest Criminal Complaint?
- Bookworm Room – The view from the trenches puts the lie to the media’s gloating about 7 million Obamacare new enrollments
- The Glittering Eye –Your Language Lesson for the Day
- The Independent Sentinel – Police State Law Enforcement Comes to Long Island
- The Razor – Neocons Revile Obama not Putin
- Nice Deb – The Horrendous Criminal Enterprise Known As The Democrat Party
- The Right Planet – IRS Scandal: Not a ‘Smidgen of Corruption,’ Huh?
- VA Right! – Eric Cantor Planning to Bankrupt Virginia’s Republican Party to Regain Control
- Right Reason – Trevor Loudon: “Our allies are freaking out!”
- Blazing Cat Fur – Wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 may never be found
- The Mellow Jihadi – Rush order for 432 vestal virgins
- The Pirate’s Cove – How Doomy Is The “New” IPCC Hotcoldwetdry Report?
- Karl Zinsmeister/WSJ – The Charter School Performance Breakout submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mick Hartley – The Destroyer Of Worlds submitted by Simply Jews
- Larry Correia/Monster Hunter Nation –Leland Yee, Super Villain submitted by The Noisy Room
- Matthew Continetti/Washington Free Beacon – The Grandfather submitted by Joshuapundit
- The New American> –Will the Coming Non-white Majority Kill Conservatism? submitted by Ask Marion
- Lucas & Mitchell, CEPA – Strengthening NATO’s Eastern Defenses submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- John C. Wright’s Journal – Deluge as Earthday submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Patterico’s Pontifications – “Is Something Less True If a White Person Says It About Black People?” submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Byron York/Washington Examiner–Plenty of ammo for anti-Obamacare ads in New York Times submitted by Bookworm Room
- FiveThirtyEight – For Columnist, a Change of Tone submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Gay Patriot –This Is Who Leads Us submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Joel Kotkin/Forbes –Where Inequality Is Worst In The United States submitted by The Razor
- The Other McCain –MSNBC and Obama Tanking Together submitted by Nice Deb
- The Federalist – The Film Common Core Educrats Don’t Want You to See submitted by The Right Planet
- Allen West – Blame Bush: Why Obama gets so little respect from the troops submitted by VA Right!
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Enlightened Foolery submitted by The Watcher
- The People’s Cube – Michelle Recalls Surviving American Death Camps submitted by Watcher