Conventional wisdom says I am supposed to start this article by pointing out that John McCain is a war hero.
Conventional wisdom sucks.
There are some truths in the world and it is certainly a truth that a young John McCain was the hero we all knew him to be. But nowadays John McCain is doing an immense damage to the country he sacrificed so much to protect.
This is a story about two John McCains. One a selfless hero that I am supposed to talk about anytime I get ready to criticize him, and the other, a back stabbing Senator from Arizona that can’t help but feed his face at the trough of power all for the sake of a backwards ass appearance of bi-partisan cooperation, conservatives be damned.
When John McCain ran for President I rationalized his presence as the better of 2 bad, no, reprehensible choices. Now that his efforts to be elected as top dog have been rejected twice he is continuing down the path of his own selfish political expediency; all the while dragging down the momentum of a party that is in desperate need to distance himself from the John McCain;s of the world. John McCain is a liberal hero, not because of his policies that are aligned with their agenda, no. John McCain is a liberal here because he has a knack for inserting himself into politics in a manner that damages the conservative movement. In this sense John McCain continues to damage conservative efforts to take back this nation from the radical agenda of Barack Obama. Thus John McCain, Mr. Maverick, is a liability. One that will continue to be praised under the lying breath of people that like him as much as they like chewing on broken glass.
We have seen this most recently on his quest to get endorsements by people that ordinarily should have no business associating themselves with McCain. He cornered Sarah Palin with an impossible option to support the man she stood beside despite his bumbling ideas. She had to choose. To reject McCain after standing beside him for so long would have painted a huge target on her back; one that would have been huge fodder by the Democrat lapdogs in the media. So Palin did what she could only do, she endorsed John McCain. Damage done. And the tea party patriots are angry. Good job John.
Then comes Mitt Romney standing up for the man McCain, the very essence of what ails the GOP. Count another one damaged by sir John; another casualty of a man that just doesn’t know when it is time to retire.
This trend will continue until the GOP gets a clue. John McCain is the problem and the GOP is his victim.
In other weasel related news we have a new slew of fine articles that are must reads for Weasel Watchers throughout the world. Please enjoy. We will vote on the top articles and release our results on Friday. See you then.
- American Digest – Obamacare Now! Because What We’ve Got Isn’t Bad Enough
- Wolf Howling – Brown & The Jobs Bill
- Joshuapundit – Obama Appoints Jihad Friendly Ambassador To The OIC
- The Razor – How Global Warming Alarmists Irreparably Damaged Science
- Bookworm Room – Jon Stewart: genuinely ignorant or just hiding the ball when it comes to socialism
- The Glittering Eye – Wishful Thinking from Tom Friedman?
- Rhymes With Right – My Endorsement — Harris County District Clerk — An Endorsement I Didn’t Expect To Make
- Right Truth – Obama Funds Offshore Drilling … in Brazil
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Go Figure
- The Provocateur – MGM Building Up By Tearing Down
- Soccer Dad – Cry havoc and let slip the fog of (agw) lore
- Mere Rhetoric – Aww… Glut Of Gaza Products Putting Small-Time Smugglers Out Of Business
- Submitted By: The Watcher – Legal Insurrection – Obligatory “Obama Was Against The Nuclear Option Before He Was For It”
- Submitted By: American Digest – Walter Russell Mead – Sunday Jeremiad: Petty Prophets of the Blue Beast
- Submitted By: Wolf Howling – Legal Insurrection – Will Obamacare Kill Miracle Cures
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Michael Yon/Big Government – Whispers
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Contentions – A world historic find in Jerusalem
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – David Bellavia – Our Mission is Finally Accomplished… Anyone Care?
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – I Have A Title For This – 75 reasons to be skeptical of “global warming”
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Making Sense of Jihad – Too many dots to connect (expanded edition)
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Delaware Libertarian – CPAC Surprise: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Chicago Reader – It Pays to Have An Alderman in Your Pocket
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – David Bellavia – Our Mission is Finally Accomplished… Anyone Care?
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – The Fingerman – Jewish Fact Check #6: Who’s really using the term “anti-Semite”?